Re: Including Acrobat Reader on CD

Subject: Re: Including Acrobat Reader on CD
From: Sandy Harris <pashley -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:53:37 -0500

"Balchunas, John" wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Anyone have any experience with the legal/regulatory issues involved with
> putting a copy of Acrobat Reader on a CD given to end-users? Can we just
> put a copy on the CD? Do we need permission from Adobe?

Consider Ghostscript, which is free and reads PostScript as well as PDF.
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

I routinely use it instead of Acrobat, even on my one Windoze machine.
The
only problem I've seen is that I had to download a patch before it would
handle encrypted files. That was a version or two back; I'm not sure if
it
applies for current version.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr

Check out the TECHWR-L Site redesign!