RE: MS Weird Style & Autonumbering Mania (Help!)

Subject: RE: MS Weird Style & Autonumbering Mania (Help!)
From: "Paul Moloney" <paulmoloney -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 00:53:03 -0000

As others here have no doubt mentioned,
MS Word's autonumbering is awful. In
my current job I had a last minute
panic with a document in our old
templates one day, when Word
decided to merrily remove numbering from
some steps, and append lists together.

After that nightmare, I created a new template
for our documents, using fields to number
steps instead of autonumbering. This
procedure is covered in many sites, some
of which have already been covered.

It's a simple from there to creating
two macros; one to insert a first step
in a procedure, and format that