Need Help With My Proposal

Subject: Need Help With My Proposal
From: trm -at- telusplanet -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 9:11:29

Hi Everyone,

I am writing a formal proposal for my proposal writing course. Even though
the proposal is for homework, my project manager would like to use the
contents in it to present to his supervisors. He would like to have the IS
department hire a permanent technical writer. He gave me some RFP
requirements. I am having a hard time with some of them. I would appreciate
some help.

This is what I need to do:

Outline a plan for the introduction of a technical writer into an
organization that has not had one before. Include introduction notices that
would be sent out to the organization staff. Create a typical time line
with appropriate activities. Include appropriate checkpoints or milestones
that would be used to gauge the success of the introduction Include
estimation of the use of other personnel in the process. For example, how
much time would be required to adapt to the new position by existing
personnel? What methods or orientation activities could be put into place
to assist existing personnel? What would we do if the new position was seen
as a threat by others currently performing writing duties albeit not with
professional ability?

Tamara