WORD updating Ole-linked and embedded graphics

Subject: WORD updating Ole-linked and embedded graphics
From: Valerie Nyre <valerie -at- nyre -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 18:19:58 +0200

Hello.

There is a bit of confusion on my side. How can I handle the following
situations (...or where is the user group to post this question)?

(1)

My colleagues are sending me WORD documents with graphics embedded als
OLE-link *with* internal copy. I do not receive the graphic files.

When I update the WORD document, the *embedded(?)* graphics disappear, a
box remains which marks the position.

I fear losing the graphics and more worse of not being able to print the
WORD document showing the graphics.

(2)

My colleague loves copying drawing objects created in a MS Powerpoint
slideshow via the clipboard into the WORD document.

Also, these objects disappear.

Thanks for your attention.

Valerie Nyre