RE: Study: Internet Explorer Dominates the Web

Subject: RE: Study: Internet Explorer Dominates the Web
From: Chris <cud -at- telecable -dot- es>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 09:53:13 +0200

ActiveX is not HTML.

I use NetScape because it's safer and doesn't try to co-opt the standards. Why anybody would use IE or OutLook is beyond me... The *only* virus I ever got on my machine (funlove) was after a babysitter used IE for just one night. A combination of ignorance and IE - what percentage of the 96% IE users presents that combination?

Netscape does not support ActiveX and a whole bunch of other (questionable necessary) HTML features.

I can understand sticking with Netscape if you are forced to use UNIX or any of its cousins, but why limit yourself with Netscape, Opera, Mozilla, or any of the other wannabe browsers when Internet Explorer works well and is free?

--
Chris Despopoulos, maker of CudSpan Freeware...
Plugins to Enhance FrameMaker & FrameMaker+SGML