PDF problem

Subject: PDF problem
From: "Graham Bridge" <graham -dot- bridge -at- sescoi -dot- fr>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 10:19:53 +0200

Hello Everybody,

My printing house has just posed me a problem for which I cannot find
the answer, hopefully somebody out there can help me.

My Word files are converted to PDF with colored images included.

Document printing has been done up to now using the docutech printing
method. So images are printed in grayscale and images in our online
PDF's are in color.

My printer has just told me that this time they will use offset printing
and that they use the method of flashing directly onto printing plates
(I've forgot the technical term for this method).

After having flashed a few pages he tells me that the plates are in
quadricolor and that he can't adjust to grayscale. He has asked me to
supply PDF's with images in grayscale. Is this possible? I've played
around with profile settings but I haven't succeeded in outputting
grayscale images. Can anybody help me???

Many thanks in advance,

Graham Bridge