Re: Contracting question

Subject: Re: Contracting question
From: Michael Oboryshko <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:48:16 -0700 (PDT)

> If it's a CONTRACT job, then you have to fulfill the contract.

Most contracts I see say "We can walk away from this contract
any time we want, but you have to stay until the bitter end, or
until we fire you, whichever comes first."

I usually insist on reciprocal termination language (identical
termination terms for client and contractor).

Either
1. Both parties can end the contract any time they want, or
2. Both parties have to complete the full term.

Once they think about it this way, they usually choose #1. I
have never had a client refuse reciprocal termination language,
but if they did I would probably not sign the contract. I don't
wan't to be contractually locked in to some ugly or
money-draining situation.

Mike O.

http://health.yahoo.com