Man pages Was RE: Structure for GUI & Command Line Input Doc

Subject: Man pages Was RE: Structure for GUI & Command Line Input Doc
From: "Stevenson, Rebecca" <Rebecca -dot- Stevenson -at- workscape -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 10:02:50 -0400

Coincidentally enough, as this email crossed my threshold yesterday our doc team was approached by engineering and asked if we were planning to distribute our doc in man page form as well as PDF/HTML/cuneiform on brick/anything else they ask us for.

It had never crossed my mind to do this. I don't have the foggiest idea *how* to do this. And yes, I am appropriately ashamed of my UNIX ignorance. Our product is browser-based; it doesn't have a CLI. Does it even make sense for engineering to ask us to provide installation instructions as man pages, and if so, what would be involved in translating our Frame files to this format?

Baffled in Boston,

Rebecca Stevenson
Technical Writer
Workscape, Inc.