Missing CD Drives

Subject: Missing CD Drives
From: "Rowlands, Gareth" <Rowlands_Gareth -at- cdph -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 10:45:43 -0500

Good morning fellow techies,

Slightly off-topic problem: if you're busy, don't read :)

A strange thing has happened (once again). My machine no longer recognizes
that there are two CD drives living in it. On boot up, the drive lights
flash briefly, showing that the connections are fine, but they're not picked
up by the OS (Win2K Pro). The trouble started, I think, when I switched
from Easy CD Creator to Nero ROM, btw. I've run the "new hardware" wizard
with no luck. Any ideas on where to look (in the Registry?) to see if
there're any conflicts would be really appreciated - especially as I need to
burn some docs to disc fairly soon :(

Its good to be back on the list, btw!

Gareth Rowlands

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr