RE: Framemaker Question (Pagination)

Subject: RE: Framemaker Question (Pagination)
From: "Grant, Christopher" <CGrant -at- glhec -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 15:05:29 -0500

Hi Richard,

> I'm trying to create a book with a TOC, Body, and IX.
> I want the page numbers of the Index to continue where
> the Appendix left off (i.e 144) so that the Index
> would run I-145, I-146, etc. Unfortunately, I keep
> getting I-1, I-2, etc. From the book file, I selected

Not sure what version of Frame you're running, but here's how to adjust this
in Frame 5.5.6:

1. Open the book file.
2. Right-click the index file.
3. Choose Set Up File...
4. In the Page Numbering list box, choose Restart at 1.
5. Click Set.

Open the chapter file and you should be set. Hope this helps.

-Chris Grant

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr