RE: Recent unusual interview experiences

Subject: RE: Recent unusual interview experiences
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 09:11:41 -0400 (EDT)

I'm getting the feeling that companies (or specifically HR offices) think the economy is such that they can pick and choose the next Tech Writer/Information Developer/Documentation Engineer (you pick, just trying to be politically correct) because they come a dime a dozen now. I recently had a five hour interview where I sat in a room and five different people came in one at a time and drilled me. At about the third one, I was tired of reiterating my history and how I got started in Tech Writing. By the time it was over, I didn't care if I had the job or not. They haven't called in a week and a half so I guess they felt the same.

A few years ago, I had a really strange one. I was placed at a conference table with eight people. Everyone seemed to be competing to be the most clever and popular. I felt like I was back in high school. They fired questions back and forth, then finished with asking me what was the funniest thing that ever happened to me. I started to reply that that meeting was the tops but I gave them a reply and left. Needless to say, no call from them either. Come to think of it, I still don't know what kind of documentation they did.

Visit iWon.com - the Internet's largest guaranteed cash giveaway!

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr