Re: Recent unusual interview experiences

Subject: Re: Recent unusual interview experiences
From: Stan Schwartz <stanz -at- cam -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:07:26 -0400

Hi,
I don't know how usual this practice is or will become. It was a first for me.

When I arrived for 9:00 interview, I saw a line that ran from the front door into the hall of the office. At 9 o'clock, we were invited into one room with eleven chairs around one large round table. The interview proceeded with ten applicants and one interviewer at a time. An interview type question was asked and we were invited one after the other, in turn, to answer. After each question was answered, the interviewer would point to someone for comment on another's answers. After awhile, the interviewer changed and the process continued. Question, answers, comment, rebuttal. All this for documenting their franchise operation. I found out that my visit was on the last day of what was happening for the past two weeks!

I did get to enjoy myself after it became evident that this place was not in my future.
Their concept (for magic and science show entertainment) looks like it'll be a hit according to the press releases. Let's hope that their interview technique isn't.
Wait, now that I think of it, the interview was much like some days on this list. :-)

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr