RE: Recent unusual interview experiences

Subject: RE: Recent unusual interview experiences
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 17:11:14 -0500

At 7:53 AM -0700 5/9/02, Sharon Burton-Hardin wrote:

I once sat thru a gang interview where people argued about projects and
occasionally asked me a question. As I took off my dress coat to put on the
back of the chair, someone asked if I was going to completely undress. Since
I had my back to the table, I don't know who asked. Not that it mattered,
but it would have been nice to have a face to associate with it.

After that fun part was over, the lone tech writer and I were left alone. He
told me he was completely burned out and wanted out. Then he asked if I
noticed his ring. I said no. He pushed his hand across the table so I could
more closely see it. It was 2 people having sex. I looked at him and he
smiled. I fumbled my way thru until I could easily get out of that room.
Needless to say, when they called 10 days later with an offer, I was no
longer available. I really was not but I would not have been available under
any circumstances. If I want that, I could go back to cocktailing in dark
clubs in a stupid uniform.
<SNIP>

</SNIP>

Then there was the client last year who played flippy tie and rubbed the
front of his pants while my writer and I were in a meeting with him and his
boss. I didn't see it because he was sort of behind me but my writer got a
full, unwanted view. We now have a rule that says "If the client starts
playing Mr Flippy Tie or the functional equiv, the first person who notices
MUST stand up and ask that the Anthrobytes people step outside for a
moment."

You find all sorts of stupidity around. Makes you want to help out with a large caliber weapon. Or a two by four.

Scott

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr