RE: How technical are they at Oracle

Subject: RE: How technical are they at Oracle
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:54:29 -0700 (PDT)

> Alternatively, it could be that the environment at
> Oracle _demands_ a very
> high level of technical comprehension. Oracle's
> database formats, AFAIK,
> are all proprietary, so perhaps they're just
> incredibly complex.
>
> I think the transition from technical writer > QA >
> development is a natural
> one for _technical_ technical writers. In fact, I
> know of one employee at
> my current workplace who took exactly this path.

Oracle does demand very technical people, whether they
are developers, QA engineers, writers, trainers, or
what have you. They believe strongly in this, and it
shows through the quality of their products. However,
I have known some not-so-technically savvy writers
from Oracle in the past as well. Whether they merely
interviewed well or just couldn't cut it on the job, I
don't know, and I don't know whether they are still
there or not, but yes, the majority of Oracle's
personnel are very technically savvy.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l