Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:32:39 -0700 (PDT)

> As a technical writer, have you ever been told by a
> manager to leave the experts alone?
>
> * Yes, but rarely or in special circumstances

That's how I voted. There are times (like crunch
times) when people are best left to get their jobs
done. As I have been instructed to leave them alone
during these times, so have they been instructed to
leave *me* alone when I am in crunch mode. One hand
shakes the other, and in the end we all do a better
job because of it.

You need to know your and their limits, and be
political about it. Just as you don't want to be
hounded all day, don't hound them all day. If you take
the time to properly approach them and properly
address issues, you'll get results. They'll respect
you when it comes your turn to bury your face in YOUR
work and get stuff done.

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l