Re: Lists

Subject: Re: Lists
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:00:26 -0400

Emily Berk wrote:

> Well, anyway, my friend came out with a brilliant concept for a technical book. It was the first of its kind. It was needed. He took someone he thought was a friend to lunch to try to entice him to be his agent on the project, but the person turned him down.
>
> Anyway, my friend got a book contract and wrote the book. But he didn't make as much as he'd anticipated because -- the person he'd taken to lunch ALSO wrote a book on the same topic. And released it the same week. Not as good, but still.

I totally endorse your warning. Here is a twist on a similar story. I
have an uncle who was looking for a job as a salesman. While eating
lunch he overheard someone talking about going for a job interview. My
uncle left his mostly uneaten lunch and went cold to the company. After
he told them how he learned about the opening, he was hired on the spot.
He went on to become the company's VP of sales.

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity,"
- Einstein-

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l