RE: Editing and writing tests for jobs

Subject: RE: Editing and writing tests for jobs
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 12:19:12 -0400 (EDT)

I really believe a writing test is unnecessary, except for interns or entry level, just to make sure they can organize a sentence.

I worked at a place that tried to implement some sort of test and it really wasn't administered very well. They chose one woman that was very pushy and overbearing. She stood over this one poor gentleman's shoulder while he wrote what she wanted on the computer. He was so freaked out that he left and I never saw him again.

You can also fall into a pit of subjectivity with prearranged tests. There are several different ways to arrange information in any given paragraph and the test taker is faced with having to guess which format to use that the test giver is used to. If he/she choses another format, that doesn't mean they are wrong or not able to write.

Visit iWon.com - the Internet's largest guaranteed cash giveaway!

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l