PDF chaos

Subject: PDF chaos
From: Jennifer Maitland <jlm -at- kwi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:23:50 +0100

Hello all,

I have two PDF related questions. Firstly, I can't seem to add Distiller as
one of my printers. I am familiar with "printing to Distiller" and know well
enough to stay away from the buggy "create PDF" command in Framemaker. Can
anyone tell me how to add Distiller as a printer in Windows (2000)? It keeps
launching some wizard that is making my day magically annoying.

Second, does anyone know what the difference is between Distiller and PDF
Writer? My tech support guy keeps pointing out the fact that PDF Writer is
showing up as one of my printers, but I want Distiller in there as I believe
it will give me more flexibility than PDF Writer.

Thoughts and ideas are appreciated, thank you.

-Jennifer

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l