Word killed my format....

Subject: Word killed my format....
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 14:09:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all.

Something strange just happened to one of my word docs.

I was working on a doc, and click the close button. Because I hadn't saved it, I got the typical "Do you want to save your changes" prompt. I clicked yes. I came back to the doc a few minutes later and opened it. It now looks like a plain text file. All of the styles are gone, the tables are gone. The graphics are gone. It's looks like a happy little text file with a DOC file extension.

This thing is 40 pages long. I don't want to have to reformat and place everything back into their tables. Does anyone know how I can avoid this? Does anyone know what might have happened? I get the feeling that Word somehow deleted/ignored its properties tables when I saved.

Please respond directly to my email if you can. I've been having trouble viewing the digests.

Sean Hower

technical writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com