PDF problems

Subject: PDF problems
From: Jennifer Maitland <jlm -at- kwi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:50:06 +0100

Hi all,

I'm still battling with PDF stuff and I'm hoping someone out there might be
able to give me a couple of answers. First off, I am using Acrobat 4 on
Windows 2000.

The first problem I have is that I cannot seem to find the funtionality that
will map the Postscript Files produced when I print to Distiller. I use both
Framemaker and Visio on a daily basis, but I am not seeing consistency in
where the PS files are stored once created. The last time I used Acrobat on
a daily basis like this was about eight months ago when I seem to recall
having an "output" file in my Distiller directory. All the files printed to
Distiller went here and it was actually really convenient. Anyone able to
tell me how to get that again? There must be a way to map the location.

Secondly, when I can seem to locate my PS files, the PDFs produced by
Distiller look horrible (fuzzy). I also remember having this problem back in
my days of frequent PDFing, but nothing I used to do to solve the problem is
working now. I have tried both setting the compression to to zero and
deselecting the resample functionality. There was a bit of uncertainty on
whether it was okay to use Acrobat 4 with Windows 2000, and I'm starting to
wonder if this is what is causing the problems. Any ideas?

On a third note, the landscape diagram that I have made in Visio is not
appearing as a portrait (which apparently often happens) but a landscape
diagram on a portrait page set up. So it basically falls right off the sides
of the page. I know that it is normal for a landscape document to come out
sideways in a PDF, but this is doing something totally new!

Anyway, any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks very much!

Jennifer

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l