Re(2): Good Formatting Practice

Subject: Re(2): Good Formatting Practice
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:11:17 +0200

>Some purists insist that all
>punctuation [in] justified text must be 'hung' outside the text block
>while most don't bother with this fine point and use block form for
>all alignments.

Those who are setting type on PCs (i.e., most of the list participants,
among others) usually have no choice as to whether they bother. As far as
I am aware, the only common layout application that supports hung
punctuation is InDesign, although I wouldn't be surprised if TeX could do
it as well.

Are there any other such applications? (Asking as a trivia fanatic :-)

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 81 79 93 07 12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de
Handelsregister: München HRB 99345

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l