FWD: Re: writing tests are for wussies.

Subject: FWD: Re: writing tests are for wussies.
From: Anonymous <anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:27:09 -0600 (MDT)

Forwarded anonymously on request. Please reply to the
list if you want the original poster to see your message. EJR
Y&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Interesting that this thread would appear at this time. I'm in the midst
of a rather intensive job hunt, having been laid off at the end of
March. I received a sample MAN page, from a company I'd sent my resume
to. Apparently they want potential employees to work their magic on this
sample. All of this is BEFORE an interviews take place. I've got the
time, so I thought I'd at least do the research.

The information given by the company was sketchy at best. The resulting
document is for internal tech support, you'll be judged on your research
abilities, writing style, timeliness, etc. Turns out the "sample" that was
"authored" by one of the company's engineers is a rewrite of a page from
the Linux Programmer's Manual, readily available on the web. After
reviewing the "sample", as well as the original on the web, I had a number
of questions, not the least of which was why reinvent the wheel by
rewriting the Linux Programmer's Manual. I got a response from the
company, vague at best, but it appears they actually expect applicants to
complete this exercise in futility. I don't mind doing the work _after_
i've interviewed, but before? I don't think so.

any thoughts?

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l