Re: Automated/Overnight Word->PDF

Subject: Re: Automated/Overnight Word->PDF
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:41:06 -0400

quills -at- airmail -dot- net wrote:

>Paul,
>

>You can write a program in Visual Basic, use a program called Quick
>Keys for Windows, or simply print all your files to postscript at the
>end of the day, and start Acrobat distiller. Distiller will process
>the files in a specific folder and output them to a second folder.

You and others have suggested variations on this theme, but this does not solve Paul's problem. He wants to use the CreatePDF macro in Word in order to preserve links (printing to Distiller doesn't do that).

So what he needs is some way of invoking that macro in a batch process. It seems to me that there ought be be a way to write a Word macro that would run through all the files in a particular directory. As long as Paul remembers to launch that macro before he goes home, he should be all set, right?

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l