Re: Wheel mouse/track ball/keyboard/left brain-right brain/zone question

Subject: Re: Wheel mouse/track ball/keyboard/left brain-right brain/zone question
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:42:21 -0600

On 28 May 2002 at 9:07, Dick Margulis wrote:

> Similarly, they know how to close a window, but not how to minimize
> it. They perceive the phrase "right-click" as being something uttered
> in a non-Indo-European language they never studied. The connection
> between copying something from the Edit menu and typing Ctrl-C has to
> be learned separately for every application. Learning about Alt-Tab is
> a fresh revelation every time I explain it.
>
> These are not stupid people.

> So what is it?

Age? The first Word processor I worked on (not even a PC, mind
you, but a dedicated WP) used short cut keys for everything --
CTRL+U to turn underline on, CTRL+U to turn it back off, CTRL+B
for bold, etc. You want to cut, copy & paste? CTRL keys... That was
how you accessed all features; I don't think there WAS another way.

Many people in the work place today were brought up in a drag-n-
drop, drop-down menu environment. They have never had the need
to learn the keyboard control keys.

Dana W.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l