Re: Flushing out unused styles in Word 97

Subject: Re: Flushing out unused styles in Word 97
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:46:33 -0600

Michael asked

> Is there any way, beyond the obvious, to flush out unwanted/ unused styles
> from a template created using Word 97.

I wish I knew a quick way, and hope to learn one from this thread. But
even if there is no easy way, be VERY careful. Many styles are based on
other styles. As such, removing a style that acts as the basis for some
other style you *do* want will have some very unpleasant results.

So before you begin culling the styles herd, make sure that the ones you
want to keep are all based on styles you intend to keep, or are completely
independent of other styles.

Keith Cronin
________________________

Lola walked into my shabby office, a secretarial bombshell with a 5-dollar
haircut and million-dollar legs. She sat on the corner of my desk, next to
my gun and half-empy flask, crossing her legs and popping her chewing gum.
She handed me a solitary sheet of paper. "Thanks, doll," I said, squinting
up at her through the haze of my cigarette. Then I looked more closely at
the paper, and grabbed the dame by the arm. "Wait a minute, toots," I
barked. Lola's eyes grew wide with terror, waiting for me to ask the
question she dreaded. The question she knew I had to ask.

"Did you use styles?"

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l