Re: Current job market for tech writers

Subject: Re: Current job market for tech writers
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:43:11 -0700 (PDT)

> I am forced to conclude
> that this tight job market exists all over the US.
>
> Anyone else care to comment.

You are correct. It's tight everywhere, and not just
for tech writers. Most technical professions are in
the same boat. We're in the post-dot-bomb era.
Hundreds of thousands of people lost their jobs. Many
companies lost a ton of money in bad investments. Many
companies have been trying to stay afloat by not
spending money. This made some vendors go under, which
made other dependent vendors go under, and so on.
9/11/01 didn't help any either.

Nasty stuff. Analysts say we're on our way out of it.
I think they're right, but it'll take a while.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l