Re: placing screengrabs in html help

Subject: Re: placing screengrabs in html help
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 22:28:53 -0700 (PDT)

> >I'm working on an html help file. Do you suggest
> putting illustrative screen
> >grabs of interface elements before the text that
> explains the element, or
> >after the text that explains the element?

First, does the graphic add any value to the Help
topic? If so, include it and then worry about
placement. If not, omit the graphic and move on to the

Second, placement all depends on the structure of your
user instruction. I personally don't use graphics in
online Help unless they are vital to describing
something, in which case I either include the relevant
portion in-line with the appropriate text, or link to
the image in a secondary window from the appropriate text.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l