RE: instructions for a pb&j sandwhich - a little OT

Subject: RE: instructions for a pb&j sandwhich - a little OT
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 22:41:10 -0700 (PDT)

> At some level, we have to assume our audience has
> some knowledge. For
> example, we assume they can read the language in
> which we are writing. A
> bigger leap of faith brings us to assume that our
> users are not
> collectively drooling on their shoes, the sizes of
> which are not greater
> than their IQ.

Excellent point. And in case you haven't learned this
yet, do not dumb down an administrator's guide aimed
at senior IT staff... unless you want to see what
happens. ;)

You need to assume your audience has some knowledge
about that which you're writing about. Otherwise you
have no way of even beginning to teach them.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l