RE: Are Indian Tech Writer Firms as good as American Firms?

Subject: RE: Are Indian Tech Writer Firms as good as American Firms?
From: "Elizabeth OShea" <Elizabeth -dot- OShea -at- emergesmart -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:32:30 +0100

Jill asked: Are Indian Tech Writer Firms as good as American Firms? I would
think that not having english as your native tongue

Are Irish tech writer firms as good as American firms? As well as making
broad generalisations, you comments also assume that no one in India speaks
English as their first languague, or learns English in parallel with their
native language (which is how many native Irish speakers learn English here
in Ireland). Additionally, many people in India use English to communicate
with people who speak other Indian languages - just as many people in Europe
use English to speak with speakers of different European tongues.

I agree with K Cronin's suggestion that what you should be asking about are
business practices, and whether the company's business ethos fits with
yours.

elizabeth oshea

elizabeth -at- emergesmart -dot- com