Re: Handling developers, "the zone" and other myths

Subject: Re: Handling developers, "the zone" and other myths
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 09:50:16 -0300

Chris Gooch wrote:

I'm amazed that noone's mentioned Coleridge's
"man from Porlock" yet...

No, but I was thinking of mentioning it. Coleridge is the only source for the story, although I believe that he was living with Dorothy and William Wordsworth at the time, both of whom were regular diary writers. Considering his laudanum intake, other reasons for not completing the work seem likely. Moreover, Coleridge had a poor record for completing material in general - he's the only famous writer I can think of whose three major works include two incomplete ones - not only "Kubla Khan," but also "Christabel."

"Funny how the years have flown,
Like the leaves fall in September,
They've lost sight of you as your legend grows,
But this road and I remember."
- Garnet Roger, "Night Drive"

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l