RE: Need tips on reducing Word file size

Subject: RE: Need tips on reducing Word file size
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:16:41 -0500

At 11:10 AM -0600 6/5/02, kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:

To clarify:

GIFs are lossless, but can only contain 256 colors, which makes them
not-too-great for photos. For everything else, they work great.

Word 2000 does accept PNG files, but I have not done any testing to
compare their impact on file size as opposed to GIFs.

Has anybody compared PNGs to GIFs? I'd be very interested....

Keith,

As far as size comparison is concerned, PNGs tend to be smaller. Sometimes much smaller.

Scott

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l