Re: Please Help! Removing Comments from PDFs

Subject: Re: Please Help! Removing Comments from PDFs
From: Peter Gold <peter -at- highsoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:00:43 -0700

Anita:

Open the note in Acrobat and see if it's got any content, which could be a clue.

A FrameMaker hypertext marker that contains the command "alert" or "alerttitle" is converted to an Acrobat note. You can use Edit > Find to search for markers of type hypertext. Keep the Special > Marker window open while you search, and you'll see the content of the selected marker. It's possible that the alert marker was accidentally inserted, but has no content. Delete the marker and recreate the PDF.

Using Acrobat Reader and
Distiller, Version 5 on Windows 2K OS. PDFs were working fine, used PM7
to create them. All of a sudden, started getting a little yellow
"notes" or "comments" icon on the top left corner of the document.
Tried everything to get it to go away, but can't figure out how I should
be configuring the export or Adobe options, etc. Can anyone tell me how
to get rid of this nuisance, please?

Regards,

Peter
Peter Gold Applications Engineer
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker/SGML, Acrobat, InDesign
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer

KnowHow ProServices http://www.knowhowpro.com
Tech support: 650.691.0701 x266 Direct: 650.691.0701 x333
Outside SF Bay Area: 800.795.6066
FAX: 650.691.0995

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l