Re: Need tips on reducing Word file size

Subject: Re: Need tips on reducing Word file size
From: "Lorraine Kiewiet" <Lorraine -dot- Kiewiet -at- mullinconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 08:47:56 -0700

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I tried the "select all but last
2 paragraph marker" trick and only reduced by 20KB. I'm going to insert
some gifs. But I'm also going to pray that our StarTeam sys admin gets a
new release or configuration because there is really only so much you
can do to make a 150 page document use less than 2MB in Word.

Is Frame less of a hog on space? I would think not, but Frames "book"
feature works better than Word's "master document" kludge.

--Lorraine

Lorraine Kiewiet
Senior Technical Writer
(213) 488-8728
lorraine -dot- kiewiet -at- mullinconsulting -dot- com

MULLIN CONSULTING, INC.
A Member Firm of M Financial Group - Securities offered through M
Holdings Securities, Inc., a Registered Broker Dealer, Member NASD/SIPC
Los Angeles - Chicago - New York - Minneapolis
Headquarters: 644 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017 Tel:
(213) 488-8500 Fax: (213) 624-0850
www.mullinconsulting.com

The materials are designed to convey accurate and authoritative
information concerning the subject matter covered. However, they are
provided with the understanding that Mullin Consulting, Inc. does not
engage in the practice of law, or give legal, accounting or asset
allocation advice. For advice in these areas please consult your
appropriate advisors.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l