HTML-format e-mail newsletters?

Subject: HTML-format e-mail newsletters?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:56:38 -0400

We're in the early stages of developing an e-mailed newsletter for our
clients, with the contents in HTML format. (We've done the audience analysis
to confirm that this is acceptable.) Currently, we plan to produce the
newsletter template in Dreamweaver, then subsequently pour in the text for
each issue. The text would be created, edited, and reviewed in Word 97.

Here's the problem: We're working in Outlook 2000, and can't figure out how
to pour the newsletter into a message so that it's an integral part of the
message rather than an attachment. Similarly, we'd like the graphics to be
embedded in the file rather than externally linked. Copying and pasting
doesn't work, and inserting the newsletter as a file turns it into an
attachment. Obviously, we're missing something, and as usual, the online
help isn't. <g>

Any suggestions?

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada
"User's advocate" online monthly at
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
personality, and an obnoxious one at that."--Kim Roper

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l