Re: Help with Word templates and "conversion"

Subject: Re: Help with Word templates and "conversion"
From: "Barnett, Eva" <Eva -dot- Barnett -at- aketontechnologies -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:11:06 -0700

If this has already been suggested, I apologize for the repetition; I'm on digest.

Have you considered pasting the new header/footer and front matter into the old documents instead of the other way around? It seems that it would be much easier this way, unless you have to mess around with getting the styles and/or formatting the same in each document.

I think you can even automate the process; I seem to remember someone posting about a script they wrote to do a similar thing.

-Eva

Regina Snyder Heater wrote:
The task: Convert hundreds of user documentation files from Template A (old
company) to Template B (new company). I need to apply Template B (new
header, cover and copyright statement)to each of the documents ... I've tried copying the content from the "old" docs to the new template

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l