FW: Page ranges in indexes: Do you use them?

Subject: FW: Page ranges in indexes: Do you use them?
From: Salan Sinclair <salansinclair -at- shaw -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:17:50 -0700

Thanks, it is quite a good article.

My problem is almost one of too much information. I've been reading the
Chicago Manual of Style, Indexing: A Nuts-and-Bolts Guide for Technical
Writers, and indexing guidelines from two companies. They seem to contradict
each other.

For example, this Word article says most indexers don't index headings. But
the nuts and bolts says that's the foundation of an index.

Thanks for the reference, though. It's worth printing and considering at
length.
Salan

Jonathan West wrote:
Just one additional article you might be interested to take a look at.
How can I automatically generate an index in Word?
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Numbering/CreateIndex.htm

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l