Re: Why Lurk?

Subject: Re: Why Lurk?
From: "Melody Akins" <melodyakins -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 14:04:12 -0500

On June 14, Tom Murrell wrote...

> > <<I'd like to poll the lurkers. My question: Why lurk?>>
>
> It surprises me to realize that I am in the process of becoming a lurker.
> know I've posted a lot less than I did a year or two ago. There are
several
> reasons for my lack of regular posting that have nothing to do with
leading a
> busy life or having a hot project underway.

[...]

I've become a lurker, too, though not for the same reasons. I don't have a
need to know about most of the topics discussed, so I can't offer any
meaningful contribution. I have neither knowledge of, nor access to, most
of the tools mentioned; I'm strictly freelance, experienced only in writing
information security newsletters. I am only vaguely familiar with MS Word,
so I read almost everything that is posted about Word. I really appreciate
the willingness of more experienced users to post tips and tricks for Word
users.

Since Andrew left, I have no one to argue with...*sigh!*

Melody

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l