Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:12:09 -0700 (PDT)

> On average, how much time do you spend preparing for
> a tech writing job interview?
>
> * I spend less than one hour

Why? Well, it's an interview, not a final exam. I know
the answers to most of the questions they will ask,
and if I don't then I say so. It's not a situation
that requires deep study, rather it's one in which you
and the interviewee size each other up and determine
if a working relationship could work.

The time I spend preparing for an interview is spent
looking at the company's web site to see who they are,
what they do, and what they value. Doing so gives me a
better idea of the types of questions I need to ask in
the interview to assess the company, and gives me an
idea of how serious I should be taking the interview
(whether I truly think it's a place I want to work at
or not).

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l