Re: Back to the Dark Ages.

Subject: Re: Back to the Dark Ages.
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:21:27 -0400

From: "Mark Emson" <mt -dot- emson -at- ntlworld -dot- com>
The question is, does anyone else already
>have to work like this?

No, Mark. Nobody else in the industrialized world has to work like that (although I'm sure there are writers who work like that by choice). And in the nonindustrialized world, to the extent that companies have the option of providing computers for their employees, the niceties of software licensing don't mean much.

Your PHBs are being penny wise and pound foolish. You may be able to persuade them of that in the prospect, but more than likely they will have to learn that lesson for themselves in retrospect.

Good luck, and you have my heartfelt sympathy.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l