RE: Back to the Dark Ages.

Subject: RE: Back to the Dark Ages.
From: "Margaret Secara" <margaret -dot- secara -at- alphather -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:54:48 -0700

And when I worked at Great Wesern Bank, we used something called DOSF (pron: DOS-F), which was a text editor that used tags like <parg> and <list> and, well, you get the idea. I don't suppose there's anyone who even recognizes the name anymore. :) I took it off my resume ages ago.

Before THAT, when I worked for Burroughs, we typed text and tags into a file with 200+ lines of defines at the top, defining with the tags meant. Then the file was compiled like a programs and, well hmm... all this before HTML or Word. (Actually, some of it before there were PCs.)

I do not actually go back to the days of stone tablets.

Maggie Secara
~Word Happens... Souvenirs are available at www.cafepress.com/wordsinarow

>>> <jgarison -at- ide -dot- com> Tuesday, June 18, 2002 >>>
I worked for a company like that once ... back in 1973 ... before there were
word processing programs! We did all our editing in C-Script ... Bonus
points to anyone who's ever used that!!

John