RE: Back to the Dark Ages.

Subject: RE: Back to the Dark Ages.
From: Chris Gooch <chris -dot- gooch -at- lightworkdesign -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:48:30 +0100

Maggie Secara wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++
And when I worked at Great Wesern Bank, we used something called DOSF (pron:
DOS-F), which was a text editor that used tags like <parg> and <list> and,
well, you get the idea. I don't suppose there's anyone who even recognizes
the name anymore. :) I took it off my resume ages ago.

Before THAT, when I worked for Burroughs, we typed text and tags into a file
with 200+ lines of defines at the top, defining with the tags meant. Then
the file was compiled like a programs and, well hmm... all this before HTML
or Word. (Actually, some of it before there were PCs.)

I do not actually go back to the days of stone tablets.

Jeez, that's so old-fashioned. Not at all like modern cutting edge stuff
like xml. Oh no.

:-)

Christopher Gooch, Technical Author
LightWork Design, Sheffield, UK.