RE: Back to the Dark Ages.

Subject: RE: Back to the Dark Ages.
From: "Ed Manley" <edmanley -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:25:17 -0700

Think creating documents was hard with typewriters? How about coding on one?
My first home "PC" was an ADDS (Applied Digital Data Systems) 880 Teletype,
connected via 300 baud modem to a partition data set on a 370/158 mainframe.
Dude! I was so proud of that lashup...I had the power of a mainframe in my
bedroom!

But now, when I think back to writing code on that thing, then going to the
computer center to get my cards, running them through a sorter...what dark
ages those now seem.

The funny thing is, thirty years from now we will be saying the same about
my 4 PC DSL-connected home LAN.
Have fun,
Ed

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l