RE: Out of Work Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Out of Work Tech Writers
From: Shannon Luce <Shannon -dot- Luce -at- GE-interlogix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:53:23 -0700

"All perspective, I suppose.... :-)"

Good point. I think that I am a technical writer/editor, not just a person
who does it for a living. Granted, if I were out of work, I'd accept a job
doing something else, but I'd probably keep looking for a tech
writing/editing job. I cannot think of another job/career that I would
enjoy, that I am qualified for, and that would pay my bills. Sad, but true.
I'm glad that I have a tech writing/editing job, even if I do have a 45-mile

Shannon K. Luce
Technical Editor and Writer
GE Interlogix, Kalatel division
Shannon -dot- Luce -at- GE-Interlogix -dot- com

"I'd rather have those who know, know I'm right than those who don't know
think I'm right."

Go to