Tech Writers - Salaried or Hourly?

Subject: Tech Writers - Salaried or Hourly?
From: Barbara Yanez <BarbaraYanez -at- cogentsystems -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:33:09 -0700

Hello all:

My company is insisting that my assistant, a junior tech writer - degreed
but fresh out of college, is to be hourly and not salaried. She does
professional level work - albeit entry-level. This is strange. I have never
heard of this. I have never been hourly in any tech writing job - even at
the beginning of my tenure.

Those of you who are not contractors, are you salaried or hourly?

Barbara Yanez

Go to