RE: Okay, let's knock this off RE: techwr-l Hourly vs Salaried

Subject: RE: Okay, let's knock this off RE: techwr-l Hourly vs Salaried
From: "Marianne Adams" <marjaone -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:25:22 -0400

Sean O'Donoghue writes:

By doing a provable better job than the competition. If you can't it doesn't
matter if the cheaper labour is in Australia, Mexico, Arkansas, Ireland,
India, Washington or Alaska. The work will move.<<

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, although companies can move the work wherever they want, immigration laws and union restrictions prevent people from moving to where those jobs are. My daughter, who works in the film industry, would be delighted to take a job on one of those films being made in Canada or Australia due to cheaper labor, but she can't. There might well be IT workers who would take jobs outside the US. Salaries might be lower, but if the cost of living is also, I suspect there are a lot of us who would at least consider moving.

Just a thought, but it seems to me that competition should work both ways.

M :-)

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l