Re: onscreen review

Subject: Re: onscreen review
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:32:22 +0200

>I'm soliciting opinions on who should do onscreen review of documentation
>(delivered electronically) in a company with no dedicated editing
>department. Should it be the person who wrote the documents? Should it be
>another writer who didn't write the documents? Should it be someone else I
>haven't thought of?

The original writer is not usually a good candidate for the final review.
Frequently he or she is too familiar with the document, overlooking
errors that somebody who comes fresh to the document will see.

As the review should be done by someone who knows about the finer points
of writing, this suggests one of the other writers where no editor is
available.

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l