RE: craft vs. science vs. art

Subject: RE: craft vs. science vs. art
From: "Foster, Willow" <WFoster -at- friedmancorp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:53:47 -0500

Phil Levy [mailto:PLevy -at- epion -dot- com]
~> Willow, one point I want to clarify: all readers do want the
~> same things. What are those things? Good index, examples, and
~> headings. Most of us spent too much time writing the text,
~> which is the least valuable part of the document.

Ahh... Yes, I'm talking about the writing, not the rest of the book. See
what happens when you jump in a thread late? :) I agree that all readers
want and need that stuff.

~> Most of us spent too much time writing the text,
~> which is the least valuable part of the document.

I had to stop and think about this for a bit. I'm still not sure I agree
with it, but I can't really say I disagree either... maybe "least valuable"
is too much... I would agree that writing takes the majority of my time and
sometimes at the expense of other aspects of the book. (But I would include
examples as a part of writing.) Something to think about...

Willow

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l