RE: All Tech Writers (was real tech writers? Out-of-Work Tech W riters

Subject: RE: All Tech Writers (was real tech writers? Out-of-Work Tech W riters
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:12:19 -0400 (EDT)

Ed, Connie, et.al,

My wife says I whine too much. That may be the case, but from what I have experienced, I belive I have cause for concern. I have gone from a necessary evil (first job) to a valued member of the team (next job), to a worker-bee with no established or promised future in the present job. That does not mean I don't go beyond what I am asked. I am the focal point for up to 11 SMEs relying on me to get their documentation right and to guide them through the process. Even if it means putting on a hardhat and going out to a jobsite to document the procedure. I have received praise from people higher-up in all my career tasks.

I am just saying that I have seen a disturbing trend for companies to treat documentation people like they are a "dime-a-dozen" and they don't realize what a difference experience and dedication to a chosen career can do. Ed, I will certainly be trying to further our cause in any way I can and I will share anything I come up with in the way of solidifying this profession.

Can a Web portal forever change your life?
Win up to $25 Million on iWon - click here!

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l