Campaigning for a job

Subject: Campaigning for a job
From: Tsrouya Rachel-BRT022 <rachel -at- motorola -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:28:37 +0300

Hello list peers!

I am curently beginning a three month process of preparing myself to heavily campaign for my job. I will be leaving on maternity leave soon, and I understand that when I return in October, I will have until December to convince my current employer that he needs me. I am the only technical writer here, which you might think would make my campaign easier, but no. So, in other words, I have my maternity leave time to take advantage of, prior to meetings with management in order to organize my thoughts and proof.

Currently I am:
Writing a style guide for the department - the engineers are responsible for a large portion of documentation and are expected to write in good English style, therefore I believe that the style guide can show my initiative and concern for good documentation

Creating a portfolio -- to show what I've done here, and also just in case ...

Collecting emails of "thank-yous" and "good jobs" to show that the engineers need and appreciate me.

What else can I do in your opinion to prepare for the upcoming campaign? What kind of tools (in other words, weapons) should I bring with me when I approach management in Oct./Nov.?

Thanks for your advice,
Rachel

Rachel Tsrouya
Documentation