RE: Measurements in the UK

Subject: RE: Measurements in the UK
From: Jennifer Maitland <jlm -at- kwi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:48:59 +0100

John says: I was under the impression that you blokes used metric? What
gives?

Nah, we're all over the place on this one. Officially, we use metric, but
realistically, we use a mix of everything. We still drink pints but buy milk
in litres. You can say you are X amount of kilograms or X "stone" (a stone
is 12.6 kilos). Speedometres and speed limits over here are in miles - go
figure! However, when I say I am 5 feet four inches, my doctor doesn't know
what the hell I'm talking about!

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l